Friday, November 2, 2012

Stop Staring replica dress (in Blue)

I joined sew weekly  a few weeks ago and the upcoming challenge was to sew something blue. I just so happen to have a gorgeous blue spot double knit which I have been wanting to sew into a 40's /50's style dress. I picked up the fabric from Tessuti who featured my dress on their blog here.

I made the dress fairly quickly as the kids had gone to the grandparents beach house for a few days. The ponti was really easy to sew and really forgiving to wear. Sucks you in in all the right places. Even gives a girl who is flat chested a (tiny) bit of cleavage. 

I used a Vogue pattern V1192 and deleted the zip as the Ponti is very stretchy. I  added bows which I tied onto the shoulder so I can remove them if I want to.

I'm happy with the result. 




side tucks

  The red polka dot dress is just gorgeous from Stop Staring



This is the fabric from Tessuti. It was on sale which is a bonus!  
Vogue V1192

Pictures by tony

5 comments:

  1. This fabric is such a winner, and the dress even more so! I now regret not snapping some of this fabric up when Tessuti still had it! I'm loving this dress on you - a great silhouette for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Poppykettle,
    Thanks, yes this fabric is a winner and I was lucky to 'spot' it when I was looking for fabric for the Tessuti awards.
    It was on sale at the time which is always a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I really did not think of this pattern when I saw the post on the Tessuti blog. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric and the dress looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. The fabric is great but this colourway has now sold old. Tessuti have it available in a grey colourway as well.

      Delete