Saturday, November 10, 2012

nooj's jeans

I decided (a while ago) I wanted to learn how to embroider. I found a great little book with some fun embroidery patterns from Sublime Stitching.  I found a couple of "space" theme patterns which seem like a lot of fun.

I had a heap of denim in the stash which I thought would be perfect as it has a fair bit of stability. The denim was from Darn Cheap fabrics as was cheap about $5 a meter and I barely needed half a meter.

I had fun learning. It wasn't that hard and quite relaxing actually. I've never really been keen on hand stitching but I think I've had a turn around.

Anyway, I decided to make them into pockets for a pair of jeans for my youngest son.
I already had a pattern from Tie Dye Diva  which I have already made up in a check and they turned out really nice.

The front seemed a bit boring so I added some bias binding which I'm not sure I really like now but too late for that. I top stitched in red and green to add some colour and fun.

These pics are of Nooj when we went for a little stroll to our local beach in St Kilda.
He loves them which is all you can ask for.



Add caption


Pictures are by Tony

Snazzy Pants by Tie Dye Diva


No comments:

Post a Comment